Skip to main content
Aaron Emmel, PharmD, MHA, BCPS
Program Director - PharmacyTechScholar.com
Asked a question 5 months ago

Hi everyone! I am the program director for a new PTCB-recognized training program. For those of you who have completed a program specifically for eligibility and/or preparation for the PTCE, what did you like most about the program? What did you think needed improvement? What would you like to have seen included in the program? Not looking for specific names or reviews on a course or program, just general feedback that I may be able to incorporate into making my program as good as it can be!

Where am I?

In PTCB Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Christopher S. Moore
Oncology & Inpatient - BS, AS, AA, CPhT-Adv, CSPT, NREMT-R

Teaching to the test is crucial to be sure.  Having an endless stream of sample questions, practice questions, and realistic tests is what I found helpful for preparing for the P.T.C.E.  The more references and sources for the questions, the better.

As for career initiation or development, there was nothing better than learning from a seasoned pharmacy technician (who actually works(ed) local to where you are) and getting invaluable motor-memory training exercises with both sterile and nonsterile compounding equipment.