Skip to main content
Question
Maurice D Muhammad
Account Installation Senior Analyst
Asked a question last year

If there is one thing you could change about what we are allowed to do what would you change?

This is a feedback question! You can provide multiple answers.

Where am I?

In PTCB Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

I would like for the retail Pharmacies to have a 30 minute to 1 hour break time and not a 15 minute to 30 minutes break time. I can't think of anything to be changed in the Hospital Pharmacies because they are complex settings and a Hospital Pharmacy may have a unique way of doing things. 

I would love to work in a state that practiced technician product verification. NC will hopefully get there soon. 

I would like to be able to reccomend over the counter products for well known ailments, such as docusate for constipation or tylenol for minor aches and pains. I have been trained in first aid and CPR, so sometimes the basics would help take some of the weight off of the pharmacist. Also, as a licensed cosmetologist in my state, I am legally able to recommend hair, beauty, and skincare products. However, in the last pharmacy I worked at I was not allowed to reccomend any hair care products. It's odd how those licenses cross, and when you are licensed to do both things it restricts your other license. To me, it's like if a pharmacist was also a licensed pilot, he couldn't recommend a travel sickness medication to a passenger because he wasn't actually in a pharmacy. 

I agree with Bonnie, I would love to work with a tech-check-tech program. I also would love administering vaccinations. I know these are piloted in certain states, so hopefully it will trickle down to the rest of us. Checking voicemails and giving/receiving transfers would be super helpful also