Skip to main content
Question
Cassandra DeLacy Landreth-Lloyd
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician
Asked a question last year

So very soon after I became certified, I wanted to become a trainer. It's been 7 years now, and I have worked in a variety of pharmacy roles to prepare for this (i.e. retail chain and independent, clinical, animal hospital) but at this point I'm not sure how to progress? Any trainers out there with advice?

Where am I?

In PTCB Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Christopher S. Moore
Oncology & Inpatient - BS, AS, AA, CPhT-Adv, CSPT, NREMT-R

Look at what the educational requirements are for instructors/teachers in your state and also for what institution you want to work for.  I know that some places do not require much other than the experience you bring with you (typically at least ten years worth), but most institutions desire/require their instructors to be at least credentialed.

Here is one example of the credential pathway:

https://extension.berkeley.edu/public/category/courseCategoryCertificateProfile.do?method=load&certificateId=4443226

With teaching, as long as you have the passion, over half of the battle is done.  There are literally a ton of teaching-instruction references in which to draw from for strategies and method ideas; but each student can be and each class can be quite different and thus your approach would have to adapt for their learning success (or they can adapt to you instead!).

Related Questions

Question Stats

108 view
1 follower
Asked a question last year
Views this month