Skip to main content
Asked a question last year

Will my supervisor be contacted since I applied? I really didn't want anyone to know I was doing these certs. I have always been a "I would rather you not know until I am finished" kind of person when it comes to these types of things.

Where am I?

In PTCB Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

My employer was contacted to verify dates of employment for one of the credentials.   Fortunately,  they went through our administrative office,  so they didn't speak to anyone in the pharmacy as far as I know.

I know my boss would be supportive of me doing this,  but like you, I just wanted to keep it to myself until it's done. 

Christopher S. Moore
Oncology & Inpatient - BS, AS, AA, CPhT-Adv, CSPT, NREMT-R

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that supervisors are being contacted as a routine for the certificate exam applications.

I believe the supervisor could/may be contacted in event of some odd occurrence or irregular information on the application or exam event.  Maybe too as a random audit, but I’m not sure about those odds.

In any case, I have taken the CPhT, CSPT, and the current four certificate exams; my supervisor has not been contacted on any of them as of yet.

Related Questions

Question Stats

4 followers
Asked a question last year
Views this month